Summer Program Coordinator
|Open Date||Apr 16 2021 - 09:00:00 AM||Close Date||May 07 2021 - 04:30:00 PM|
|Position Title||Summer Program Coordinator||Posting Type||Temporary|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Full-time|
|Department Group||Hours per Week||35|
|Education||High School Diploma||Experience||1 - 2 years|
Perth East Public Library is seeking applications for a Summer Program Coordinator.
This is a contract position with varying hours, including days, evenings and weekends.
This exciting opportunity will appeal to a motivated, creative individual who is committed to working in a dynamic atmosphere. The position reports to the Library CEO. The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating, leading and delivering the Summer Reading Program for school-aged children. Programs will be delivered virtually.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and execute programs for children, youth and families including a summer reading program for school-aged children;
- Research ideas for programs, establish themes and organize support materials;
- Identify, contact, and partner with community organizations;
- Evaluate completed programs and prepare reports as directed;
- Prepare and deliver publicity related to the program;
- Prepare and follow a specific summer program budget;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The successful applicant will:
- Possess experience planning programs for all ages;
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal communication skills;
- Possess excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Be experienced and comfortable working with people of all ages and backgrounds;
- Be competent with technology and some application software i.e. email, word processing, spreadsheets;
- Be experienced in working with online platforms i.e. Zoom, YouTube
- Be able to work effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision;
- Obtain a clear vulnerable sector police check;
- Have a valid G driver’s license;
- Be a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or have refugee status in Canada
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada,
- Be between the ages of 16-30 at the start of employment,
- Be willing to commit to the full duration of the work assignment: June 14 to August 30, 2021 (12 weeks)
All applications must be received through www.pertheast.ca - Employment Opportunities. All documents must be uploaded in PDF format. Applications will be accepted until 4:30 pm on Friday, May 7, 2021.